HW Number 1
Due September 11, 2014
- You are working in teams with the goal of vigorous discussion about the concepts. This will require workplace-style maturity.
- Do not divide up the problems, please discuss each problem with your partner.
- Use one side of one piece of paper per problem. This is to avoid novella answers. You can not answer two problems on one piece of paper by having a solution on the front and a solution on the back (to ease grading).
- Write the name of all team members on each assignment, specify which person is doing the writing.
- Don't do all of the work for your partner. Don't let your partner do all of the work. If you need a new partner let me know, I will not engage in conflict resolution. I will frown on all partner split-ups regardless of blame.
The Problems (taken from Skiena's The Algorithm Design Manual 2nd Edition)
- 1-16 and 1-20 (Your thought process is more important than your result)
- 1-22 and 1-25
- 2-7 and 2-9
- 2-24, 2-25, and 2-41