Introduction to Algorithms
The BIG Picture
- Mathematical Algorithms
- Optimized C
- Enterprise Applications
Certainly your most important course
10 years coding daily or 2 years and THIS COURSE
- Every chapter is a business
- Every chapter is a research career
- Every assignment is an interview boon
- Slack in your other classes
You Are Training For:
As Training Chef I will provide
30 hours in class (much less than 10000)
- BUT YOU HAVE TO PRACTICE AT HOME
Opportunities to 'cook' for me
and get valuable feedback
- 6 Homework Assignments (Partners)
- 24 Daily Problems (Merely attempt)
- 4 Programming Assignments (Groups of ~4)
- 2 Midterms (20% and 20%)
- 1 Final (30%)
The partner thing
- Much like a workplace
Having Team Issues?
You get a dirty look
No mediation just shuffling
Importance of working book problems
Almost all HWs, Daily problems, and Test problems
- Will BE...
- STRAIGHT FROM THE BOOK
- So work them all out!
Soft Requirement of C/C++
- Groups of 4 (two partner sets)
- Live Review on Wednesdays (45 minutes)
- Randomized Selection of the Speaker
SAKAI (Calendar, Some Grades, Announcements)
I believe in SERVICE
- What are your goals?
- Grad School?
- Something else?
Find a Partner